Monday, April 30, 2012

My Faves

Everytime I post new pics I get an awesome influx of messages from women around the globe (SO cool!) asking what my fave products are from beauty finds to undies!

I decided against a serious write up amidst my Dad's discovery of my doing Burlesque. Let's just say he hasn't talked to me let alone made eye contact during my NJ visit this weekend. Not much change from the usual anyway. Can't win em all, especially parents that wonder why you're not living a "normal" life and aren't trying to find a husband or buy a house etc...oh suburban living *sigh*

That aside it's Spring time (don't let the cold days fool you) and I am having a blast finding new makeup to enjoy! I've worn makeup for years. I'm pretty sure it has to do with watching my mom put hers on every morning when I was younger. She has a beauty salon (hair/nail/full service) so I've essentially grown up in the beauty biz!

First thing first. My hair color has gotten the most questions about it. I am naturally blonde but about 5 months ago started bleaching (finally!). I use a salon grade product by L'Oreal called Super Blue. The first time I did my entire head we double processed it with a 20 Volume developer but since then my roots have been taking the single process just fine. I like the grown out/roots look so I don't get mine done but every 5 weeks and my hair grows crazy fast.

OK Makeup: A list of products I use weekly
Foundation: I go between Make Up For Ever's HD & Tarte's newest Full Coverage formula
Nars Blush: Luster My latest fave for pale girls who don't want to use bronzer! It's a peachy/bronzy hue.
Smashbox Blush: a striped compact from their "Light" kit pinky, bronzy, shiny - LOVE this. It's almost empty!
Mascara (always black): Latest fave Smashbox Full Exposure! Also rotate between L'Oreal Voluminous, Hourglass Film Noir, and Givenchy Phenomen'Eyes
Eyelid Primer: Stila Prime Pot in Taffy - I. am. obsessed. I most often use this alone to mattify and brighten my lid. Looks ultra clean and lasts! I also use Makeup Forever's cream shadow in number 13.
Eyeliner: MAC's Gel Liner in every color but usually black. Another fave color is Dark Diversion: a deep red wine color. SO dope. I also use Yves Saint Laurent's gel liner which feels great and lasts.  I don't use pencils at all, I prefer a more defined/liquid look even for daytime.
Eyeshadow: MAC's Carbonized has been my fave pearly brown this year. I use it more than anything else. Also MAC's color Greensmoke...I've been using this for years. Obsessed.
MAC Lip Colors: Girl About Town, Pink Plaid, Russian Red
Nars Lip Colors: HeatWave, Schiap, Afghan Red, Funny Face, Dragon Girl, Niagara
Lip liner: my fave is Red by Sorme

Here are some random faves you can read to waste more time at work *wink*
OPI nail colors : Dutch Tulips, Cajun Shrimp, Onyx, My Private Jet, Big Apple Red
Essie nail colors: Lollipop, Fishnet Stockings, Raspberry
Lane Bryant: Cacique intimates balconette bras and bikini style undies! I buy 99% of my under garments here. The other 1% are random shape wear from the Marilyn Monroe collection I find at Daffy's, TJ Maxx, and Marshall Stores!
Jeans: I am lucky to usually find them at Torrid! I don't buy much from them other than my denim.
Perfume: for years now I always come back to Emporio Armani, but am currently indulging in one of Gucci's newest Flora scents from their garden collection: Gorgeous Gardenia.

Now that you know some of my go-to's I would love to hear about some of yours! Have a great week, thanks again for stopping by. I cannot believe I've gotten over 20,000 views, you guys rock and truly make my day on the regular!!

Ciao for now,

TT

1 comment:

  1. OMG! How could I forget my fave concealer by Korres!

    ReplyDelete