Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Language of Self-Love

Hi!

Today I write with fresh news that I’ll be teaching a short interactive lecture on Body Positivity & Self-Love: I Am Worthy! The focus will lie on a topic that has changed me and my thought processes immensely: language. Obviously, much credit goes to the art of Burlesque for embracing a woman of my size, shape, & personality and not only embracing but giving me strength to flourish into something that already existed within me.

If you’re interested in signing up the entire class will be a 2 hour session including the portion led by ME! Isn’t that wild? When approached with the offer, initially I panicked then figuratively slapped myself in the face and THEN said yes. I reminded myself that this is something I've always wanted. I am a natural teacher with hopes of reaching a broad audience. Predominately I hope to influence young girls because I am better suited to understand their experience, but I will never set a hard limitation. Stand by for more details! January 2015 will be off to a great start: performing at the Lovesick Wedding Expo again with EvelynVinyl in tow and once again working with the ladies of Burlesque Bikini Bootcamp but this time off stage!

It’s been 2 weeks, I know and I'm sorry about that. My BFF KE came up to NYC for a night with her daughter and it was a really time of catching up with each other. It’s really easy to lose track of each other’s lives when we live over 2 hours apart and have completely different lives. Nothing beats sitting on one of our couches, sipping a cocktail and getting up to speed! 

I loathe the phrase "love life" but in respect to both my physical & emotional love life neither is blossoming right now. My ex-whatever he was is going through some serious family related things so I've made it clear that he can call if he needs anything. For a split second I realized that to the average person this was an attempt at regaining his attention, but I know that it's a sincere plea to let him know he does not have to go through this alone. Whether he calls or not doesn't matter. Having gone through something similar, I know how comforting even a simple offer was.

I have to get back to work but I've been brainstorming a lot lately. Looking for invigoration everyone! #NewAct here I come!

Ciao for now,

TT


No comments:

Post a Comment