Monday, November 29, 2010

"Fuck, I wish I was that Chair"

...that's what goes through a guy's mind watching a hot girl play with a metal folding chair...
Best title ever!

Today we had the foul-mouthed hottie, Gal Friday. I have to confess, she is my favorite performer as of now. There’s just something about her, I don’t blink when she‘s on stage. I see a lot of myself in her so in respect, she is a huge influence on me. Needless to say, I barely talked in class and hung on every word she said. 
So class was ½ Chair Dancing Basics and ½ The Art of Peeling.  We began with glove peeling. I LOVE wearing long satin gloves. I said it before, but every girl should own a pair!  We were taught different ways to remove them and a few were already my favorite but it was fun to practice them some more and learn little tricks to make them smoother & sexier.  I loved a couple specific teases that brought the attention back to my boobs. Not only do I love them (haha!) but because it’s important to work with what you have and focus less on what you’re lacking. 

Moving onto chair work we first did some peeling off of thigh-high stockings …cute!  Gal gave us a little history on real vintage stockings vs. modern/cheap ones.  I don’t know about anyone else but I love stockings in general. I have a hard time with thigh-highs though because I have huge thighs and they don’t stay on as well. Booo! I mean my thighs are great but really soft so therefore need their particular size to look cute. Today’s stockings were small on me but we’re fine for learning.  I like watching other performers peel their’s off but I’ve personally never cared for really getting into it. I always wanted to learn it but at this point have no desire to shed them on stage!

OK, Next was chair dancing. Again we learned an entire routine.  This was a bit challenging for me and I felt much less sexier than I thought I would. Not the entire dance but the sitting on the chair parts I felt like my ass and thighs were so spread out, covering the entire chair (because naturally that’s what happens when you sit down sans jeans/tight bottoms, duh!).  Looking at myself in the mirror, I didn’t care for what I saw. There was a specific move where you kick your legs up so you’re using your core for extra support and somewhat bracing yourself with your hands. This was hard for 2 reasons: 1) I have no core muscles and 2) Keeping your body crunched up like that is much more complicated when you’ve got a lot of weight in your thighs and lower “abs”.  I know I’m totally PMS-ing right now (sorry for TMI) but I got really upset and felt like a hippo sitting on a child size stool.  Blah! BUT THEN we got up and started flirting more with the audience using our ever so slow walk (in heels of course), making eye contact with the faux audience, exaggerated bumps-n-grinds, and eventually caressing the chair.  That is when I got carried away (in a good way) because I felt like the audience was on the edge of their seats wondering where this was gonna go.  I personally felt this routine to be a reminder as to how important it is to take your time and enjoy each move, don’t feel like you have to be doing something big and wild every second of your routine.  I would love to chair dance eventually I just need to work on my body more!
It was our 4th & final class of the Essential Series - boooo! I feel that AT LEAST one more would have been perfect either to use the time as a practice run for our showcase or just one chance to meet and work with a new teacher/performer/personality.  Although a few of us dreamt it’d last as long as a normal semester. Ugh…I felt like everyone was just getting really pumped and now it’s all gone. Forever. Just kidding, I don’t mean to be dramatic but it’s less than 2 weeks away from our show and I feel like I’ll be outta practice. Waiting 6 days for the next class was torture enough!!

My favorite part(s):  Gloves & Boobs.
The hardest part(s):  Keeping my legs up while maintaining sexiness.
What I learned:  I need to practice my showcase routine and not feel so in need of using props and making big moves every second. Slow it down Tina Tassels!

I’ll be working on my costume & getting my routine down for the next 10days. It’s crunch time ladies & gents!

Ciao for now,
TT

Reminders:
Dec 10 9p-11p $15 - more info here
Student Showcase: where us newbies strut our stuff for the first time!
Coney Island, Sideshows by the Seashore
Dec 11 4pVIP/5pmREG-10p $25VIP/$20REG - more info here
Although I won't be performing, I'll be a "Special Guest" - hooray! Come enjoy some new cocktails & good company.
Brooklyn, The Green Building

No comments:

Post a Comment