Tuesday, March 5, 2013

What relationship are YOU in?

First of all, I'm this close [------] to pulling the plug on OkCupid. Guys are just as big pussies on there as they can be in real life and frankly I'm not impressed by the buffet either. I prefer the one in NJ near my parents' house....mmm, crab legs!
That said, this past weekend I had the much needed pleasure of seeing some old hometown friends and celebrating a 30th birthday. A girlfriend of mine and I (on our high single-girl horses) got into a great discussion about how 2 people in the same relationship can be on 2 completely different pages & even - for joke's sake - reading different books!

It occurred to us how many people, our friends included, are either blissfully ignorant, merely selfish assholes, or have such awful self-esteem they stay in relationships they know are doomed.  Not only that they are doomed but that they are unhealthy for both parties in the present.

I think my favorite quote so far is: "Well we either break up or I propose."
Crazy right? But it seems to happen all the time!! There's only so much you can even tell a friend of how wrong they are or how they're behavior is toxic and will eventually only make things worse. People turn a blind eye, in this case they start plugging their ears.

I get it, people are scared of being alone or they'd rather be in a mediocre relationship than...wait, I DON'T get it actually. Not anymore, maybe when we were teenagers, but what sort of life are you trying to live in our few years we have to spare on this earth?! And what sort of life are you trying to make for your partner who is investing their time as well? I'm so confused.

Picture it: a beautiful big home, each their own quality car, healthy pets, a beautiful garden, bills paid on time...they have it all right? Then, peeking inside the window you have partnerA sitting on a computer playing video games and at the other end of the house is partnerB watching tv. I can't stand it. I know someone is gonna be a smart ass and say "but they're happy"...are they? is this what their life is like for the next 30years? I'll pass.

I wanna be present. I wanna be in love. I wanna be happy....so far, so good!

Ciao for now,

TT

PS: Work has been hectic, great, but hectic!

SHOW THINGS:
THIS SATURDAY, March 9 - Webster Hall -  Coney Island Spring Gala  I haven't been to this awesome party and this year I get to dress cute and sell raffle tickets!

Monday, March 25 - La Flaca - Broadway Brassy's Temple of theVirgins! Cannot wait, it's been some time that I've performed so I'm really looking forward to it! I'm pretty sure it's gonna be something new!

Thursday, April 11 - Metropolitan Room - Notorious P.O.P. returns! I get to play emcee while Angelo turns out a pop cabaret like no other! With the added guest performances, the room is overflowing with talent!!








2 comments:

  1. How Could I forget?
    THIS FRIDAY! I'll be cash handlin' at Take Back the 80s at Parkside Lounge! Get your tickets before it sells out!
    https://www.facebook.com/events/187381258075046/?ref=ts&fref=ts

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so the truth!!! 100% of the reason to change your current lifestyle!! why settle? life is too short

    ReplyDelete