Wednesday, February 19, 2014

STUPID "game"

Sorry for the delay - I wasn't feeling much inspired yesterday. More tired than anything.

Last week's dude update ended with: Unless something comes up, tonight's our night!
Well something came up. I didn't hear from Mr. Great (because he is) all day. You wanna know my first thought getting on the subway home? This is it. This is the first day of many that he will delay his responses, be less available, and eventually just disappear. You know...the usual. I panicked.  I was sad. I was scared. Confused. Every upset emotion I could possibly feel, I felt.

I wasn't mad at him. It wasn't like him to not even just send a text and say "Sorry baby" I was 1/2 worried, 1/2 defensive -- TINA, DON'T LET HIM FOOL YOU!

I didn't hear from him Wednesday, and in my STUPID attempt to "play the game" all you weirdos talk about, I didn't reach out either. Thursday rolled around, still nothing. I had to talk out the situation otherwise I'd be some crying mess and angry at the universe. I explained to a friend how unnatural it feels for me to NOT contact him. Most other girls would be leaving him crazy voicemails filled with rage but I just knew that something was wrong, but didn't want to be annoying. SO RIDICULOUS! She said, exactly what I'd say to you, if you cannot be yourself with someone than why are you bothering to be with them? So true!

Finally, I texted him: Hey, just making sure you're doing alright. I know you've been busy! I hope you're well xo
Reply: Baby, I'm sorry about Tuesday (explains issue, which is none ya biz)

*EXHALE - I was relieved. Even though it was text, I could hear his voice and see his face.
He worked Valentine's day but I sent him vintage Vday cards via text all day and it was much appreciated. We finally got to spend some time together on Sunday!

I've got a few AMAZING shows lined up from now until the end of March - I love when it rains, it pours! Hope you can make it out - I'll even be in PHILLY! My first out of NY show!!
February 28 - Delicatease

March 6 - The Peacock Party

March 8 -  Burlesque Bombshells - with the ladies of Burlesque Bikini Bootcamp
March 28 - Details to come BUT I'LL BE PERFORMING IN PHILADELPHIA! As Pam Doovey.

Ciao for now,

TT



No comments:

Post a Comment