Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I Love Raw Zucchini!!

Jokes are welcome but I'm obsessed! I've also booked a shoot for next month with the likes of Moz Photo who I had the absolute pleasure of meeting while I was out in Long Island at the Rockabilly Hot Rod Riot.  I haven't shot in sometime and am not only dying to but I need new pics stat! Booking a shoot also sets off my nerves! I'm looking forward to shooting with a woman again though. Haven't done that since Lindsey Thorne, who shot some of THE best pictures I have (1 is right there! On location at the Chelsea Piers & The Frying Pan). She's now working her magic in Austin, TX. Not that I'm uncomfortable with men but I definitely feel calmer when I have a confident woman on my side, rooting for my best face/body/everything to come out! Biggup to my lady photogs!

My birthday was on Tuesday. (As you would know if you freakin read my shit HA! jk jk) I got my tattoo, which is healing beautifully. Went back to Hand of Glory even though my boy Derek bounced on NYC for the suburbs of CT. So happy with the work of Matt Ahn!! I did the usual barely sleeping when I have a fresh tattoo due to my fear of rubbing it off in the night. Impossible I know but I paid good money so I'm not trying to fuck these up!  I ended up having a great dinner with my 2 lady friends JT & DC. We went to Fonda - totally our fave - in Park Slope and had margaritas and every dessert on the menu only AFTER I asked the guys to sing to us. There were also 2 other birthdays in the house. October 5th is the most popular birthday in the world. It's totes hilar to think all our parents were bangin on NYE - live it up! hahaha

I'm totally PMSing. Ew, sorry. But I think having moved in with a new girl, my shit has been all messed up and off schedule. So annoying!! And, we all know I ain't gettin any lately so it isn't a pregnancy scare here. Besides, if I was that peanut growing in my belly, I'd be more scared LOL (wow, great abortion joke, I rule!) I feel like I'm always puffy and pms-y when I have a bunch of shows. I'm always exhausted and kinda just want the show to be over with (no way to live a life!) and this is exactly how I felt Friday...blah!

I worked my day job and then had to werk it at Room 69. There was this terribly talented lineup, which also makes me self-conscious, and I was so tired and feeling bad about my body until I walked up the freakin stairs at Hotel Chantell only to see NJ FRIENDS: LP, KB, and RM like deer in headlights!!!!! I was so confused and over come with emotion I didn't know what to say!!! WHY/HOW WERE THEY HERE?! Can you believe it? I couldn't. Within 1 second of seeing their faces and hearing them say "this isn't all of us" I both freaked out and started crying. My bro showed up. Enough said. They brought me yellow roses (my fave kind, I don't think any of them knew that either!) and a custom made cake with my pic on it...it was nothing short of amazing. They rule so hard and totally turned not only my night around but my birthday week. Also I have to say how much I LOVED performing at Room 69. It's evolved into a floor show and playing the entire room was nothing short of exhilarating! So glad Calamity's decided to start having newer folk perform there!

Even Thursday night was a blast. One of my bffs from Flotown, CJ, was here (for what I thought was only the night because he was also in on my Friday night surprise!)! I ended up meeting Andy of Soldier Leisure. He's an artist of mainly murals that you can spot around the world I think, if not only the US. I'm loving this growing brand am looking forward to working with him. Amongst drinks and getting to know each other we chatted business and I can't wait to see the magic we make! Stand by for deets down the road!

So I'm finally doing a new act that I've been sorta blowing off.  It's a classic to a Dinah Washington song and I'm over the moon about it. The song itself moves me like crazy, I think it's gonna be super liberating to werk that shit out on stage. Another busy week of day job then night jobs but I'm stoked!


Add to your calendars for this week:
**Thursday Nurse Bettie's 10p FREE show with Calamity Chang and company
**Friday Parkside Lounge 11p $10 (3shows!) with Drive Through Burlesque - I am both performing in and HOSTING the Early Bird Special. This officially marks my first ever time as a host in Manhattan. I can't even wrap my head around it. Prepare to hear all my secrets. I don't know why I spill my guts when I have a mic in my hand but I have a blast!
Side note: the people that run these shows are so fucking supportive and sweet and keep it so real and perverted in life that I can't say enough about them!

Am waiting for confirmation that I'll be performing in a show hosted by The Glamazons!!! Holy cow!
And I think I also just booked my first show FOR THE NEW YEAR! What?! Headin back to Long Island!

I won't lie. I've been a bit busy and haven't made some phone calls about putting shows together Bad Tina! *slaps self across the face*

This is my weekly update and it sounds pretty great to me! I am still on the hunt for non-ill fitting white bottoms. Preferably ruffled ones but I can't seem to find plus sized ones in a store (I don't want to order online!).

Hope you have a great week ahead and even greater weekend plans! Thanks for continually checking in with Bip Hips, Big Dreams - it means more than you could possibly know!

Ciao for now,

TT


PS: If you're in NYC, get your tix to Colin Kane. This hilarious, filthy, smokin hot, and truly inspiring comedian. My man is climbing to the top and I plan on watching him every step of the way. Oct 20 at Gotham Comedy Club - Do it! I'll be there with my too-hot-to-trot singer sidekick Angelo. #noautographsorpictures #security!

No comments:

Post a Comment