Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Growing Pains

I'm missing New Jersey and my childhood friends a lot lately. I don't deal well with time passing.  My closest friends all live within 3 hours of each other but we've all got different things that keep us from getting together on a whim the way we used to.  Whether it's our job, babies, money, commuting etc...it's just not as easy as it used to be when we were spoiled with playtime in our small hometown. Growing up means growing apart but my friends and I are doing our best and I think we're all ok for now :)

I often try to imagine what I would be doing if I still lived in NJ or even if I were to move back. I'd probably be working with my friends over at Rocco's (especially now with the new restaurant opening up), living in some sort of apartment if I hadn't decided to buy a condo (thinking of how much money I've spent on rent sometimes makes me feel like an idiot) or perhaps still freeloading at my parents'.  I had already quit getting my teaching certificate before I got my job offer in NYC so I know I wouldn't have pursued that. Perhaps I would have gone to beauty school with my bff KS? Who knows. I'd also be pining for a man I could not have. Being away makes it much easier to keep him out of my face hahah

If I had the luxury of a job that gave me weekends off I would be visiting everyone over the next couple of weeks. I can't request off much more because I've got shows coming up and pre-wedding activities. I'm not complaining either, just sayin. My girlfriend time, especially to meet my will-be God daughter Alessandra will have to be put on hold for a bit! *sigh  I'm probably feeling this way because I'm just lost and trying to figure out shit. It's like I don't know what I wanna do, but actually I wanna do it all then the problem is where to start! I'm in a creative funk but I've got shows coming up and I am stoked! After being at Nurse Bettie's a couple of weeks ago it was like a kick in the butt so I picked up some supplies while in NJ to make a new costume...let's see how it comes out!!

Here's my upcoming shows - hope to see you there :)

Tuesday, May 22 - WORKING THE DOOR
The Pink Room: David Lynch Burlesque
Parkside Lounge

Friday, May 25
Saved by the Bell: The Burlesque Years
Bar Matchless

Friday, June 1
Rockabilly Roadshow
Rodeo Bar

Thursday, June 7
The Peel: Burlesque at the Beach
Coney Island

Saturday, June 9
Bomb This Joint: The Big 7-inch Release
Otto's Shrunken Head

THIS LOOKS EVEN MORE AWESOME IN LIST FORM - I AM PUMPED! hahaha

Thanks again for stopping by, hope you enjoy each second you get with your friends and family. I know I do no matter how sporadically it may be! Endless love...

Ciao for now,

TT

No comments:

Post a Comment