Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Gots me a new Jobby Job

HOORAY! If you follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and even Instagram (@TinaTassels) you'd know by now that I got a new gig with one of the cutest pinup brands on the market BETTIE PAGE CLOTHING!!!

My manager is amazing. Her and I are very much alike. She hit the nail on the head and I freaked out with one of my Tina style YEAH!s and was offered the job on the spot. She said something along the lines of "it's hard to find someone with a bubbly personality that is still business minded." Some of you are probably saying "not really," but in the business world it really is. I feel like I have struggled with this my entire life. That being outgoing & funny also seems to give way to a less responsible, passive mentality and therefore in no way have any sense of business. I like to think I defy the stereotype and live through it...werk!

Leaving Sephora is bittersweet. I will miss the people I work with more than anything else there. The company is too big for my taste. Working for the man wasn't my slice of pie, so I'm looking forward to a smaller team & company. I feel confident I might be able to soar with BPC - LOL insert inspirational card job here.

Last week I skipped out on you guys to spend some time in NJ. I got a new license & spent some QT with my crazy bro. We had a great sushi lunch and ended up doing some shopping then grabbed a couple of drinks. Good bonding sess. I also got my hurr did and tried something new: blonde with pink highlights. While I do like the look, I'm missing my pink head like crazy! I think I'll leave it like this for now and the next round will be full head again.

I have to give a quick shout out to my friend Rebekah - you guys know her as Bex. She finally got to share some good news with you all (I already knew mwahah) that she will be hosting a new show on Veria Living...I searched her name for you so you can see what she's done so far! HOW FREAKIN COOL! I know good peeps! <3

Thursday is Thanksgiving, yum! I will be home Wednesday night to have drinks and endure hellos from people that didn't talk to me years ago. I don't mind, I liked everyone, I just find it interesting. People are fascinating, aren't they?

I'm gonna end on that note :)  I have a show coming up - I'm calling it "Strippin for Sandy" but it's really: HurriDAMES. I don't think it'll be a new piece but we'll see!! Excited to get back on stage and for a great cause! Hope to see you in the audience!

Ciao for now,

TT

No comments:

Post a Comment