Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I had one of those moments...

I had one of those moments when 30 seconds feel like 20 minutes and you sink so far back into yourself you essentially feel like you're on the outside looking in.
I saw myself standing in BB King's in the middle of Times Square watching a Buddy Holly tribute band (The Rave-Ons). People were clapping and even some dancing around their tables. The maturest of audience members were mentally revisiting their teen years as "True Love Ways" closed out the night. I coulda cried if I really wanted to, but I sucked it back up and celebrated the moment. I thought about years from now when I'd be able to look back at my 20s and realize how amazing and fortunate my time here in NYC has been so far. I'm pretty sure I told someone about having "big dreams" last night and that it's possible to make em come true.






For those of you that don't follow me on one of my many social networking platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr) you might not know that I am a 2day-a-week babysitter for almost 3 years now. I've done it to supplement my my other job(s). Recently though, I decided it was time to quit. I'm kind of freaking out because that extra money (although I was underpaid) makes such a huge difference. Anytime I sort of thrust myself into these "hard" times, it is during them I end up challenging myself and becoming much braver. I'm looking into jobs that I would otherwise be scared to even apply for (which is nuts!), I will be going to LA in a few weeks for a quick production job, I will have more time to focus on making new acts and hopefully bigger and better productions on the way!

As for now, September 15th I'm heading back to Long Island to emcee. I LOVE going out there for these quarterly car show/music/swing dancing/pinup contest festivals. The people are always so kind to me and I really enjoy the night!  Friday, October 5th I'll be celebrating my 29th (EEEK!) Birthday at Full Cup in Staten Island!

I was originally welcoming guest posts for Summer, but since I've got a great response so far I'm keeping it open!  If you'd like to submit something, please send to TinaTassels@gmail.com. This is an attempt to give readers a voice! You are welcome to be anonymous. It's a fun way to get some feedback on lingering questions you've had, bitch about something/someone, or just share a creative piece.

Thanks again for stopping by! Have a great week :)

Ciao for now,

TT

1 comment:

  1. FRIDAY, OCTOBER 5 INFO:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/371154409621753/

    ReplyDelete