Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Say What You Mean & Mean What You Say


Gees Louise – 2 long weeks have passed and I’ve been having a blast. #SorryNotSorry
I’m really enjoying the perks of my day job. I get to see a diverse roster of live shows on the regular. Most recently I went to see Kevin Gates and B.o.B., Black Veil Brides, and The Ataris. What?! How cool right? These are shows that I probably wouldn't spend my money on, but I get the absolute pleasure of going for free. I pinch myself on the regular! 

I also look at it as a great opportunity to see how different shows work in regards to genre, audience, venue, etc…soaking all the info in! That’s the best advice I can give anyone that isn't 100% satisfied with their job or wishes they were something or somewhere else A) change it or B) try and take the MOST from it. You never know how valuable the experience will be to you later down the road.

In addition to my daytime life, I’ve recently had a shoot in my night-life namesake! Lucy LaRiot is yet again, hard at work shooting another calendar and I've had the honor of taking on one of the months...which one? We'll have to wait and see ;)


How many times have you told yourself: I shoulda just said it? Whatever it might have been; Happy, sad, enlightening, negative, mean spirited,selfish, kind, encouraging or even discouraging but at least it was honest. My girl Chelsea (of Honey & the Misbehavers) were sharing some stories. I brought her up to speed on this guy I've known since I moved to NYC and who I only see randomly throughout the year. He's had a girlfriend since I've known. Recently, at mutual friend's birthday party, he admitted that he always finds himself attracted to me and I admitted that the feeling was mutual. (1st thought: great another unavailable man interested in me, 2nd thought: fuck you) The night went on as usual solid catching up, genuine interest in what the other has been up to, even a sense of relief that we've finally just said the obvious. While gathering our bags & coats - and after a few German beers - I said: I'm gonna say something that's gonna sound mean and selfish and that you're not really supposed to say to people...he interrupted "just say it!"

Every time I see you, which is rare, I hope that you and your girlfriend have broken up.

We grabbed our stuff and followed our friends to the subway.
Definitely selfish, but I just had to get it off my chest. His face dropped immediately and he had nothing to say, but I don't care about that. It felt really good to actually say what I was feeling in the moment and mean it and to someone's face. Not text, not email, not Facebook message, just honest face to face talking. Give it a try sometime, I realized that I wasn't quite sure why we don't do it more often.

Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving! I'm thankful most for my Godmom's cheeseball that I cannot wait to dig into tomorrow.

Ciao for now,

TT

UPCOMING SHOWS:

Arlene's Grocery, December 13 with The Three Kings -- this should be hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment