Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I Placed!

I laugh - a lot - at people who take my social media outlets too seriously and especially too literally. Tina Tassels is an extension of me. She is raunchy, honest, confident, seemingly mean at times, but incredibly in love with most people, places, and things she comes across, ESPECIALLY the ones I  take the time mention whether joke or not. 

I know it's risky talking about my personal life, but I throw caution to the wind since I've decided to share my experiences with you. Believe me, there are plenty of things I keep to myself, but I choose to share what I think could humor people and perhaps even teach them a little self-reflection. I never pretend I'm innocent in any situation, I believe in 50/50 as a launching pad. Where is this coming from? Dude tracked my page down online, politely asked me to remove what I wrote about him in last week's blog. Only thing I'd have to say if I would have replied: I didn't say anything untrue and don't forget, I was interested in you, fat baby head and all!

OK! So Saturday night - I got to perform with the lovely ladies behind Burlesque Bikini Bootcamp. I love these women. They are incredibly kind, professional, and encouraging. Their audiences are always so wonderful and this show was no different. Le Poisson Rouge was almost sold out. I got to meet Jean Idelle..crazy I know...she was incredibly kind, and gave the most wonderful advice when it comes to burlesque & frankly life in general: enjoy ALL of it. I performed for a living legend.

After my performance, I literally ran backstage changed and headed to Rodeo Bar - before though, I had a very kind taxi cab driver who said "sorry, but you look old, like 40" AS IF!
The Viva Van Story pinup contest was so much fun. It was great to be on the other end of the mic getting the questions asked. Frankly, I killed it. I definitely had an advantage being so used to stage so talking to the audience was peanuts. I also said a universal congrats to all the girls on stage "we fuckin rock!" Oops, curing pinup alert!!!  Anyway, I won 2nd place!! Woohoo! Got a great giftbag, and apparently I forgot my Slapback one so I'll be picking that up soon!! I also got to meet Megan Massacre (she was one of the judges) who is the sweetest, cutest thing ever. What a doll!







I might be meeting Gloria Steinem tomorrow. Just saying.

G'night!!
Ciao for now,

TT

No comments:

Post a Comment